So last month was Breast Cancer awareness month and I did a nice little set of nails for that, I thought it was only fair to continue my support. As November is also known as 'Movember' for the raising awareness of Mens Health - specifically prostate and testicular cancer.
Here's me sportin' a Mo..
I know, I know. I carry it well!
Anyway - I decided to rep to the Mo on my nails as I am incapable (thank god) of growing one on my face!
I wanted to go for a nice bright background that was going to get them noticed! The lil' tashes are actually small stickers - No way could I hand paint 10 perfect Mos! Sticking them on with tweezers was enough of a challenge, thank ya very much!
We're HALF WAY to the giveaway! Hopefully I'll be able to get another 25 followers ASAP and get this giveaway going!!!
You can enter easily using Rafflecopter below! A few rules, as always!..
This blog giveaway is only open to the UK
You MUST follow this blog (via GFC) to validate your entry - this will be checked upon drawing a winner. Subscribe over there >>>>
There is no cash alternative
The winner must respond the winner email within 72 hours or another winner will be drawn
I think that's pretty much it. I've had a ton of entries where people are just entering but not following the blog which is just pointless really. I want my giveaways to be for people who are interested in what I do! Anyway - good luck! And spread the word, the sooner those 25 followers arrive, the quicker you might have your prize! :o)
So as it's Halloween..I had 553354564 million people knocking at the door wanting sweets which meant painting nails was difficult! I did do a really cute floral pattern but it got smudged in the door opening and sweet giver-out-ing! So I decided on a simple but fun mani using the rockstar ring finger.
I decided to chuck a blurry photo in there as it picked up the different colours nicely!
USED: Models Own Hed Kandi Hedonist and Barry M Silver Cascade finished with Out the Door Top Coat.
I <3 Models Own. It actually becoming my new obsession. I just can't seem to get enough of it! All their polishes are a nice thick consistency and apply to the nail really nicely, giving a nice smooth, glass like finish - which I LOVE.
So this post is a little early this week as I feel like I've not posted in forever! We normally post our ABC of Nails on Wednesday so I'm a day early!
I did originally choose Hello Kitty but my attempt was shocking. She looked like she'd been in a fight with a pair of scissors..and lost. So seeing as it's the right time of year... H is for.. HALLOWEEN! (Dur..!)
Pretty simple design using Bundle Monster plate BM-222.
Stamps are a little messy but I think that's down to the quality of polish I'm using! I really need to invest in some proper stamping polish!!
So you know I made a nice little order from Models Own a few weeks back..? Well I ordered the Mini Beetlejuice Collection. I'd not really looked over the little guys but last night I wanted something nice but that wasn't going to take me forever to do!
I decided on 'Pinky Brown'. As I hadn't used it yet, I thought I'd be a good time to try. Well..from the first nail I was INSTANTLY in love! The first coat didn't quite give full coverage, but 2 was perfect. It looks a metallic purple but under the light it picks up hints of brown (hence the name, but I'd say it's more purple than pink!). I can't even describe it. It's just beautiful! Take a look...
I tried my hardest to capture my nails in different lights to try and get the mixture of colours across. It's such a beautiful polish that it's gone right up there in my favourites! It's ideal for Christmas, too! Now I'm excited to try to out the other polishes in the Beetlejuice Collection!
Have you used any Models Own polishes? Which ones do you love?
So it's been 7 days since I've even posted - sorrrrry guys!
I had my nails done on the weekend because they were horrible! Whenever I get my nails done I try my hardest not to paint them for at least a week. So at the moment I'm just rocking the au naturale white tips! But it won't last long so I'll have something new to post soon!
The ONLY mandatory thing you need to do is follow this blog via GFC. Once I have hit 50 followers, I will draw the prize. The winner will be checked before announced to make sure they are a follower! This competition, as mentioned previously, is only open to the UK this time round.
Only thing left to do is wish you good luck! And don't forget, spread the word, every girl needs a self-pampering set!
Really?! Wednesday already?! Well that only means one thing.. Llama Nails 'ABC Challenge' time!
So my choice this time was a bit of a cop out on my part! I've been crazy busy every evening this week so haven't had a chance to sit down and give my nails love! Luckily, I had a mani I could use which I have already posted about - Fishbraid. Here's a picture for anyone who may have missed it..
Luckily I absolutely love it so I didn't mind sharing it as my 'F' choice - I did plan on doing Frankenstein as it's so close to Halloween but I went out my a meal with my family and didn't get back til' late! Excuses, excuses!
Anyway - hopefully I'll be a bit more creative next time (and less lazy!). Until then, here's some hilarious nail photos I found that describe me to the ground!
Hellllloooo! I have joined "The
Weekender" link-up over at Love, The Skinnys - go take a look! The button is over there! >>>
rules... because who follows rules on the weekend?!
Post a photo from last weekend.
Tell us what you are looking forward to this weekend.
Grab a button for your blog.
So mine's a little late..seeing as the weekend is over! But I'll tell you what I did and what I'm looking forward to this weekend!
So this weekend started quite rubbish. I've been suffering really badly with migraines and I woke up Saturday morning with the mother of one! So I had plans to go shopping with the girls but had to cancel :(. Instead, I went to get some tablets for my head and went home and laid in bed.. All day. I watched a few films on LoveFilm - Beetlejuice being one of them - can I just say - How have I never seen this before!? Heart this film!
Saturday night had been planned for a while. One of my friends moved home from London and is now living in a lovely little flat with another friend so we had a flat-warming party with vodka jellies, karaoke, red plastic cups and balloons! I haven't been out (or drank..) since July so I was drunk after my first drink which only meant for a good night. The night ended with a lot of McDoanlds food eveywhere (boo hiss boo to me! NOT a good diet move, but was such a great idea at the time! Dreading weigh-in on Tuesday!) and lots of prank calls. All in all, another awesome night with some of my favourite peoples!
I know, I know - post A picture. But the night was eventful and I felt I needed to add a few to get the dynamics of the evening. I did look smart(ish) before I started drinking haha!
Sunday consisted of tidying up the mess we made, bacon and sweets (again, not diet friendly!), the boyfriend and films! It was nice to just chill out and do nothing although I did need a power nap because I was SO tired! Dad made us home-made steak burgers and chips which was exactly what I needed!
THIS WEEKEND! Well this week is a good week. I'm only working 4 days as I have Friday off to go to Thorpe Park Fright Night with Craig. I'm super excited. We've been for the last 3 years and always have the best time! That means Saturday I'll have achy feet but will probably spend the day watching Craig play football before we go to the cinema that evening. I think we're going to go and watch Sinister so that'll be fun! :)
Anyway. Hope you all had a lovely weekend..only 4 days to go til the next one! :)
I love my Bundle Monster stamping plates and feel like I've been neglecting them so decided to base this mani around one of the stamps! I also just got my Models Own sale haul so really wanted to use some of those!
I decided to go for the trusty leopard print stamp (Plate BM-221 I think!). Base colour used was Models Own True Blue. This reminds me of denim and I absolutely love it. The stamp polish used was Barry M Gold Foil. I think the 'Foil' editions by Barry M are awesome stamping polishes!
As most people who follow my blog, I can never just stick to a plain colour or design so decided to just switch it up a little by reversing the colours on the index finger. Lesson learnt? Darker Models Own polishes are a brilliant stamping polish, too! Good to know!
I've seen Fish Braid nails a few times before but never really sat down and given it a go. Well that all changed tonight! It's not as difficult as I first thought and I actually really enjoyed doing it! :)
If anyone is interested in a step by step tutorial on this design then let me know and I'll be sure to get one up!
I used China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy (my fav at the mo!) for my base colour. I then created the fish braid using Barry M Silver Foil and Models Own Dream Stream. Finished with a coat of 'Out the Door' Top Coat and I was done!
I smudged one nail (boo!) so me being the perfectionist I am took it all off and started again! I absolutely love the colours together. I think this design will stay for the whole weekend - a big thing for me! I'm lucky if I keep the same design a day!
Have you tried fish braids? What colours did you use that worked well?
I was just browsing the other day when I stumbled across Llama Nails.
It's a cool little nail community on Facebook where everyone gathers to share and show off their different nails. At the moment, they have an awesome group challenge going called 'The ABC of Nails..'. So basically, every week is a new letter of the alphabet so you then use that letter as inspiration for nail art. Then every Wednesday, everyone goes on the group and shares their pictures!
I've joined a little late so I've started on 'D'. I chose to do dinosaur!
Excuse my dry skin :( - Anyone got any tips for those little buggers? I love the winter but I HATE what it does to my hands!!
Anyway, what do you think to my little dinosaur? And what do you think I should do next week for 'E'?
She's currently running a campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness and will continue all throughout October.
If you'd also like to get involved head then click here. Her post gives some brilliant tips on what you should be looking for and why it is so important - I hope you can all spare just a few minutes to give it a read! You an also grab a banner which can be seen over there >> to help link people to her post.
As I am fully supporting her, I decided to base my next set of nails on the campaign. These nails were designed for SweetJellyBean but I would love to share them with you too! :)
They're super simple but cute and so effective. I've already had quite a few people comment on them and ask 'why?' to which I can tell them about the campaign throughout October.
Are you doing anything for Breast Cancer Awareness Month?
I've been nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Louise at Purple Wolf Nails. Apparently "this award is all about discovering new blogs and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognised" and the rules to follow after being nominated are:
1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There are no tag backs.
So here I go with the 11 things about myself:
1. I have been with my gorgeous boyfriend for just over 5 years <3
2. I am a massive West Ham United fan! IRONS!
3. I work in a graphic design agency
4. I have 2 beauuutiful Labradors called Bertie and Bailey who I love so, so much!
5. Painting my nails keeps me sane! People don't get how I have the patience for it, but I just...do?
6. I am a huge Xbox fan. I spend so much of my life playing Call of Duty!
7. My fav colour is piiiink!
8. When I die, I'd like to come back as a shark! They're so fascinating!
9. I used to represent the UK in the U16's 100m Athletics
10. I take so many pictures, it's ridiculous! But I like being able to revisit those memories whenever I like :o)
11. I've snorkeled with sharks!
My questions from Louise are:
1. Why did you start blogging? I started because I wanted to have somewhere to store all my photos of my nails and pretty things and I enjoy writing, so it just made sense really..!
2. Which famous people would you invite to a dinner party (dead or alive) and why? Is there a limit on numbers? I'll pick 3. Number 1. Snooki - Who WOULDN'T want her at a dinner party?! She's hilarious! Number 2. Buddha - So I can rub his belly and get me some lucks! Number 3. Rachel McAdams - Cos she's HOT! (Lesbi-crush!)
3. What is your favourite scene from a film? In The Notebook, where they're out in the canoe, and it starts to rain. They're both just laughing but then she asks why he didn't write her and that she'd been waiting for him, to which he says he wrote 365 letters - he wrote every day for a year! And then says it still isn't over and grabs her and kisses her! <3 Just can't get bored of that film!
4. Did you watch any of the Olympics. If so, which was the best bit for you? I enjoyed watching Jess Ennis completely SMASH the Triathlon! There was so much pressure on her to do well that she was almost expected to get gold! Glad she rose to the occasion!
5. What do you like to do most when you are not blogging? Play Xbox, work, spend time with my beautiful boyfriend, see my lovely girls!
6. What's the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Cash the ticket in....haha.
7. If you could be anyone else for a day who would you be? Ohh tough one! I'd probably be Richard Branson - so I could donate all that surplus money to places that really need it!
8. What is the last movie that you saw at the cinema? I can't even remember! Probably something scary. We're getting our Unlimited Cinema cards back soon though - YAY!
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Entirely depends! Work I have to be a morning person. On the weekends and when it's party time, I'm the night owl! :)
10. What do you have that is of great value to you but of no value to anyone else? My memories!
11. How far away from your birthplace do you live now? I live about 5 miles away from the actual hospital I was born in, so pretty damn close!
My 11 Questions for those lucky enough to be nominated are..
1. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
2. What's your fav music?
3. Are you a flats or heels kinda girl?
4. If you could bring one person back from the dead for the day, who would it be and why?
5. Sweet or savoury?
6. What's your biggest fear?
7. If you could rewrite your life, would you change anything?
8. What did you always want to be when you were growing up?
9. What's your favourite quote?
10. What's your fav animal and why?
11. Where is the one place in the world you want to travel to before you die?
My nominations for this award (in no particular order) are...
Models Own were running a huge 50% off summersale on all their products! Being a nail polish addict, I couldn't resist placing a little..ahem..order! Unfortunately the sale ended yesterday (boo!) but I hope that some of you were lucky enough to get in on the action!
So, what did I buy you ask? Let's have a look..
Beetle Juice Collection - Indian Ocean & Disco Mix - Glitter - Both £5
Some of you may have seen yesterdays post regarding my first ever blog give away!
The giveaway will run until Tales of Nails hits 50 followers. Rafflecopter doesn't seem to make it clear so the rules of entry are as follows;
1. Follow Tales of Nails on Facebook
2. Follow Tales of Nails on Twitter/Tweet about the competition - this can be done directly through the Rafflecopter app
3. You MUST follow this blog!
4. Leave a comment on your favourite post or even leave a suggestion of what you'd like to see!
Following the blog is absolutely mandatory and is the whole idea of the giveaway so this will be checked before any prize is issued. Fans of Facebook and followers on Twitter and any comments left will also be checked before the winner is annouced.
Don't forget to share the love! I'm sure your friends and fellow bloggers would love a chance to win too!
I've been rather neglectful of my blog recently due to going on holiday! I went to Orlando and The Bahamas which was amazing. Sad to be home but time to get back to the real world (sigh..!)
Whilst away I didn't really do anything exciting with my nails. I left the UK with 2 polishes and came home with 22.. opps! And I just placed an order with Models Own so HOPEFULLY they'll be at home later.. But I'll do another post about all my new nail buys later on!
I brought a beautiful Neon Pink polish from Charlotte Russe reduced to $2!
The only place I could pick up it's 'brightness' was in the water so there we are.
The only other time I painted my nails was to come home (and because I'd found Sallys and brought lots of new things!). I LOVED this design. I'd been wanting China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy for a while so when I saw it there, it was my instant grab!
I love how it's not quite pink, it's not orange or coral. It's just a beautiful in between colour. Top coat used was Out the Door - another Orlando bargain!
To welcome myself back to my blog, I've decided to do my FIRST EVER Blog giveaway! The lovely ladies over at Frontcover Cosmetics have kindly given me their gorgeous Pencils and Polish gift set to giveway. I use Frontcover polish and makeup quite often and always look forward to grabbing their sets around Christmas time (you have to treat yourself, right?!). This set contains 4 polishes and 4 eyeliners all in matching colours, along with a pencil sharpener to keep your eyeliners in tip-top condition! The unique and brilliant packaging doubles up as a mini tutorial on how to use your new cosmetics and different styles you can create so be sure to check these out if you're the lucky winner! If not, this box retails at £16 (with free shipping too!) and can be brought here. Why not head over to Facebook and Like Frontcover?
For your chance to win, please use the Rafflecopter below. This competition will run until I hit 50 followers, so be sure to spread the news! Please note, the competition is open to the UK only.